A Story about The Island of Paradise

 Hi, readers. It has been a while for me not to write at this blog page again. I admit that I haven't had a chance to prepare a writing piece since I got a job. I got a bit caught up in it, but I will try to do better.

Today, I'd like to tell a story while I was being in Bali at the begining of the month. Well actually I have gone to Bali two times, earlier was on last December. These two short visits gave me some notes and I will describe them in this writing. Oh, before I start, please bear with me if my English gets messed up. I'm forcing myself to express something in English, because it has been forever for me not to use English.

Bali. The island of beauty, with spectacular nature and rich culture and spirituality. The infamous island with all top-class facilities to welcome guests from other continents who wants to see its’ beauty. The Pearl of the Equator.

I just visited Bali twice for all my life. And that just happened this year. Other girls might have gone to Bali for 5th or 10th time, enjoying sunset at one of the resorts or something, while I either got caught up at work or ran to the airport to catch my flight home when the sacred time came. But still, I considered myself lucky to have this chance.

In this pandemic era, Bali has a hard time, like other places in the country and the world. Bali looks different from what it has always been expected as the infamous tourist destination, with less counts of visitors passing by. I noticed that Bali has everything to welcome guests both domestic and international, but these days those facilities are hollowed without people being at them. It must be hard for people who offer their service to tourists for living. They have to find another way to survive the pandemic era, because tourism is strictly regulated. That’s what I see from my two short visits.

But Bali isn’t known as the Island of Paradise for nothing. I visited Pandawa Beach and Uluwatu Temple at my second visit and enjoyed magnificent view of the Indian Ocean from them. I went to the beach at midday, so I baked myself under the sun. Lucky me, I didn’t have sunburn, though my face became as red as a well-done seafood. Looking at the ocean from both places made me wonder about how great The Almighty is. He created this planet along with the universe, with all these amazing places. Let alone a country, an island has more than one place where we can witness His beauty, which sometimes can’t be explained by words. And it shows that He tells every time that He’s that close, closer than any distance we can think about. I always have similar thoughts in my head every time I go to a hill, beach, or waterfall. He’s beyond everything I can think about and he’s around.

Indian Ocean from Pandawa Cliff

Sunrise View at the Beach behind our hotel


Me and the Shoreless Ocean at Uluwatu Temple


Although I only had plenty of time in Bali, I considered myself lucky. I finally went to the dream land, visited two of the popular tourist sites and enjoyed amazing view of Bali’s nature. For my readers, if you considered yourself lucky one day, having extra money and time, please go to a place near you and look around. Leave the thoughts about buying souvenirs and posting on Instagram for a while, because a simple trip can give deep meaning when you truly enjoy it.

n.b. Another luck I got in this trip is there are only a few visitors at the places I visited. If  cvd-19 never came, I would have to wait for years to get pictures at these spots.





Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Cappadocia : Menggapai Fajar di Tanah Impian (Part 2)

Cappadocia : Menggapai Fajar di Tanah Impian (part 1)